Membership benefits for affiliated clubs and associations:
(the word "Club" below refers to both)
- Association Liability Insurance policy - it is essential for an organised sport club operation; it's also required by local councils, recreation centres and other playing venues operators to ensure that the sports group has adequate insurance cover:
- General Public Liability insurance cover that protects your Club and your Members from effects of negligence whilst undertaking club activities
- Professional Liability / Indemnity insurance cover that protects your Club and its professionally qualified individual members (e.g. coaches or court officials) from effects of their professional negligence whilst undertaking club activities
- Management Liability insurance cover (including standard Director and Officers Liability) that protects your Club and its Office Bearers (President, Chairperson, Secretary, Committee members), organisers and employees for their personal liability arising from undertakings in their official club capacity
- Personal Accident insurance cover for club members (players, office bearers, organisers etc.) and voluntary workers
- Featuring your Club in Badminton WA's interactive club directory that is used by many players looking for places to play
- Support, advice, training courses and mentoring in many aspects of club's operation
- Featuring your Club's news, programs and activities on Badminton WA's resources, including newsletters, website, Facebook page, Annual Report, etc.
- Support of club competitions provided by experienced event management, court officials and volunteers
- Support for your Club's application for grants and other forms of funding that the clubs may seek from their local governments and other funding bodies
- Training and professional development in the areas of coaching, organising competitions
- Invitations to Badminton WA key events, including Annual Awards Dinner, Association's General Meetings, etc.
- Eligibility to attend and vote** at Badminton WA's General Meetings and determine the future direction of badminton development in Western Australia
- Being part of the mainstream sport development in WA through affiliation with the State Sports Association (Badminton WA) and the National Sports Organisation (Badminton Australia)
* Please note: general description of insurance benefits does not constitute insurance or financial advice and does not take into account your or your club's specific situation. Respective benefits are subject to insurer's terms and conditions. Please contact us to receive full policy wording for the offered insurance program.
** According to Constitution of Badminton WA, only incorporated clubs and associations are entitled to vote at the General Meetings.
Please refer to this page for insurance policy wording and schedules as well as the personal accident claim form.