The membership benefits for individuals include:
- Sportscover Personal Accident Insurance* that protects you in case of any injury that happened while playing badminton, or while undertaking organised group travel for training or competition:
- Non-Medicare medical expenses (80% of expenses up to a maximum of $2000) associated with treatment for such injury
- Temporary disablement benefits - loss of income ($300 per week or 80% of weekly salary if less), student allowance, domestic home help
- Capital benefits op to $50,000 in case of death or permanent impairment
- Please refer to this summary document or to the detailed policy wording for details
- Waiver of tournament event membership fees (currently $15 / event) when you take part in Badminton WA sanctioned tournaments in Western Australia
- Concession badminton court hire rates at the Kingsway Indoor Stadium (130 Kingsway, Madeley WA 6065, tel (08) 9408 1920)
- NEW: Exclusive 25% discount for all services at any of the Happy Physio centres (includes remedial massage, Physio, Reformer Pilates, Injury Assessments, custom orthotics etc). Please call (08) 9444 8729 or visit happyphysio.com.au to find out more or to make a booking.
- NEW: Exclusive 15% discount for all taxation services with MobiTax, with an additional 15% donated by MobiTax to the Badminton WA's Junior Development Fund for our future stars. Members can call 1300 MobiTax (1300 662 482) or visit www.mobitax.com.au to find out more or to book an appointment.
- NEW: Exclusive 15% discounted accommodation across Australia and New Zealand at the Choice Hotels network (Ascend Hotel Collection, Clarion, Quality, Comfort and Econo Lodge). Please call 1800 182 794 or visit this link to make a reservation with your special member code.
- Reduced visitor fees at some of the badminton clubs in WA (subject to the club's own visitor / pricing policy - please enquire at your chosen club)
- Reduced fees for selected training courses / workshops organised by Badminton WA and open for general public
- Subscription to Badminton Shots e-newsletter (there's always an option to unsubscribe if you don't want to receive the newsletter).
- Invitations to Badminton WA key events, including Annual Awards Dinner, Association's General Meetings, etc.
- Eligibility for Badminton WA programs:
- Coaching, officiating, tournament management courses and other professional development activities in WA
- Selection to Western Australian State Teams and High Performance Squads
- Nomination to travel with WA State Teams as Coach, Umpire, Manager, or Chaperone
- Nomination for positions on Badminton WA Board of Management
- Referrals to WA state and Australian national high performance sport development programs, including subsidised programs where available
- If you're a coach - inclusion in the Badminton WA's coach directory
We encourage individuals to register through clubs where they usually play - by doing so you support your local club and allow them continue to grow. Ask at your club about Badminton WA membership registration. Clubs operate using different fee models, and the cost of membership may differ between clubs.
If you are not a regular at any particular badminton club - you still can be an individual (non-club) member of Badminton WA with full access to the same benefits. Click here to go to the online individual registration form.
* Please note: our general description of insurance benefits does not constitute insurance or financial advice and does not take into account your personal situation. Respective benefits are subject to insurer's terms and conditions. Please contact us to receive full Product Disclosure Statement for the Sportscover insurance program, and seek independent advice about appropriate insurance cover that answers your needs.