Court Officials play an integral part in badminton. They help to make sure that games are played in as fair a manner as possible. WA is lucky to have a very good team of dedicated officials who give up their own free time to volunteer to help out at tournaments across Australia and Internationally as well in their various roles.
Are you interested in being a Line Judge at the Perth International event in September 2019? More information here.
From time to time we hold Technical Officials courses that will allow those who may be interested a chance to get to know the Laws of Badminton better or take the first steps towards becoming a qualified Line Judge, Umpire or Referee. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you would like to know more or register your interest for a future course.
The next UMPIRING Course:
- Level: BA State Umpire / Accredited - this is the first /entry level for umpires in Australia
- Date: Saturday 16 February 2019
- Time: 9am to 4pm
- Venue: Badminton WA office, Kingsway Indoor Stadium (130 Kingsway, Madeley)
- Course Presenter: Kelly Hoare (BWF Certificated Umpire)
- Cost: $40 for members of Badminton WA / $60 non-members / $40 refresher for those who have previously taken the course
- Theory assessment: paper exam at the conclusion of the course or as agreed with the Course Presenter
- Practical assessment at the upcoming Badminton WA tournaments as advised by the Course Presenter
Please register using the form below.
NB: prior to the course you will need to complete the following four online courses:
- Australian Sports Commission - "Community Officiating General Principles" (link) (UPD: error in the link has been fixed)
- Play by the Rules - "Introduction to the Integrity of Sport" (link)
- Play by the Rules - "Child Protection" (link)
- Play by the Rules - "Harassment and Discrimination" (link)
You will also need to provide a current Working with Children Check card, or supply evidence that you have recently applied for it. Badminton WA staff can sign off on your Working with Children Check application - please contact us at (08) 9409 4433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.