Court Officials play an integral part in badminton. They help to make sure that games are played in as fair a manner as possible. Here in WA we have a very good team of dedicated officials who give up their own free time to volunteer to help out at tournaments across Australia and Internationally as well in their various roles.
Court Officials normally cover roles such as Line Judging, Umpiring & Refereeing. There are various levels and for each level there are exams to sit and pass (both practical and theory). We are very lucky in WA to have very experienced Officials, in fact Internationally qualified, in all 3 roles!
From time to time we hold Formal Officials Courses that will allow those who may be interested a chance to get to know the Laws of Badminton better or take the first steps towards becoming a qualified Line Judge, Umpire or Referee. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you would like to know more or register your interest for a future course.
The next Line Judging Course:
- Date: Saturday 3rd November 2018
- Time: 1pm to 3pm
- Venue: Badminton WA office, Kingsway Indoor Stadium (130 Kingsway, Madeley)
- Course presenter: Bruce Napier (BWF Line Judge)
- Cost: $20 for members of Badminton WA / $25 non-members
- Assessment: theory paper on the day of the course, practical at the LiveLighter Summer Championships (24-25 November 2018) or as agreed with the course presenter / assessor.
Please register using the form below.
NB: prior to the course you will need to complete the following four online courses:
- Australian Sports Commission - "Community Officiating General Principles" (link)
- Play by the Rules - "Introduction to the Integrity of Sport" (link)
- Play by the Rules - "Child Protection" (link)
- Play by the Rules - "Harassment and Discrimination" (link)
You will also need to provide a current Working with Children Check card, or supply evidence that you have recently applied for it. Badminton WA staff can sign off on your Working with Children Check application - please contact us at (08) 9409 4433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.